You may submit an “Interlibrary Loan Request” (for books, audio books, or videos) online in one of two ways.
Option #1: To fill out and submit a form online choose this PDF Official ILL Request file. Save your updated file and simply send it in an email as an attachment to Alyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option #2: Follow these steps to submit your own request. Please be aware that your online request is still reviewed and officially submitted by library staff. Multiple reasons may create a need for us to submit a different request for the same material on your behalf and the original request deleted. We work diligently to get the materials you want and need! Please call (785) 562-2491 or email Alyssa at email@example.com or the library at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1: Go to the Marysville Public Library’s catalog, Illuminar.
2: Log in on the top left-hand side. Use your library card number and your password. If you don’t know your card number or password, ask at the front desk OR call 785.562.2491 and someone can assist you. You can search without logging in, but if you wish to place a hold, request an Interlibrary Loan, or search one of the available databases, it is easier to log in first.
3. When doing an ILL (Interlibrary Loan) search, it often works better to search by Author, Title, and/or Subject. Instead of using the ‘Quick Search’ box, click on the ‘Advanced Search’ button. In the Advanced Search screen, there are three sections.
Put what you’re searching for in the first section.
Type your first search term and change All Headings to whatever you wish it to be. You can click on Add Another Search Option to add another search term.
Here, the search is for ‘Indulgence in Death’ (title) by J.D. Robb (author).
4. In the third section, checkmark where you want to search. Click on the box next to the heading ‘Interlibrary Loan’ to check all of the lending libraries for availability.
6. The search will show the results in ‘list’ format. If it is not, change it by clicking on the ‘list’ button (to choose list rather than grid) at the top right-hand portion of your screen.
7. The first resources listed will be from NorCat (Marysville Public Library). If what you want is listed here, you can click on ‘Reserve This Item’ to get it from us.
9. When the box pops up, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REVIEW YOUR INFORMATION. Confirm your contact information is correct. If it is not, please correct it or go to the front desk for assistance.
10. Press ‘Submit’. You should now see a confirmation screen. You may print this for your records if desired.
11. You are done! If you desire to check on the status of your ILL, you may go to the tab ‘My Account’ at the top left-hand portion of your screen.